Call for Abstract
21st Global Summit on Food Processing, Safety & Technology, will be organized around the theme “Rejuvenating innovation and challenges in food science”
Food Processing 2018 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Food Processing 2018
Submit your abstract to any of the mentioned tracks.
Register now for the conference by choosing an appropriate package suitable to you.
Dairy technology is about milk and milk-derived food products from a food science perspective. It focuses on the biological, chemical, physical, and microbiological aspects of milk itself, and on the technological (processing) aspects of the transformation of milk into its various consumer products, including beverages, fermented products, concentrated and dried products, butter and ice cream.
- Track 1-1Advanced Dairy Processing
- Track 1-2Rheology of Dairy and Food Products
- Track 1-3Alternative Processes for the Dairy & Food Industries
- Track 1-4Probiotics and Fermented Dairy Products
- Track 1-5Dairy Chemistry and Technology
- Track 1-6Condensed & Dried Milks
- Track 1-7R & D Management in Dairy Industry
- Track 1-8Batch production
- Track 1-9Dairy foods
The terms food safety and food quality can sometimes be confusing. Food safety refers to all those hazards, whether chronic or acute, that may make food injurious to the health of the consumer. It is not negotiable. Quality includes all other attributes that influence a product's value to the consumer. This includes negative attributes such as spoilage, contamination with filth, discoloration, off-odours and positive attributes such as the origin, colour, flavour, texture and processing method of the food. In considering market to consumer practices, the usual thought is that food ought to be safe in the market and the concern is safe delivery and preparation of the food for the consumer.
- Track 2-1Food quality and safety management systems
- Track 2-2Food contamination
- Track 2-3Factors influencing HACCP implementation in the food industry
- Track 2-4Detection of pathogens and allergen and other additives
- Track 2-5Quality control of raw materials
Biotech crop was commercialized in 1996; some food activists have raised uncertainty about whether or not biotech crops are as safe as conventional crops. The use of agricultural biotechnology increases globally (currently biotech crops are preferred by more than 15 million growers in 29 countries), people need to be better informed about food production. Biotechnology has proven to be an essential tool in meeting this challenge of increasing our safe and affordable food supply. Biotechnology helps farmers to grow crops that resist diseases and pests and that require less fertilizers. Future technologies will enable farmers to grow crops that are drought-tolerant, or freeze-tolerant, and crops that have an increased nutritional value – this is especially important in developing countries where malnutrition and food poverty has reached tragic levels.
- Track 3-1Role of biotechnology in food supply
- Track 3-2Genetically modified foods
- Track 3-3Applied Biotechnology in Food processing
- Track 3-4Applied Biotechnology in Food preservation
- Track 3-5Applied Biotechnology in Food quality increasing
- Track 3-6Food marketing
- Track 3-7Medicinal foods
The term meat industry describes modern industrialized livestock agriculture for production, packing, preservation and marketing of meat (in contrast to dairy products, wool, etc.). In economics, it is a fusion of primary (agriculture) and secondary (industry) activity and hard to characterize strictly in terms of either one alone. The greater part of the entire meat industry is termed meat packing industry- the segment that handles the slaughtering, processing, packaging, and distribution of animals such as cattle, pigs, sheep and other livestock.
- Track 4-1Slaughterhouse
- Track 4-2Poultry industry
- Track 4-3Meat market
Food health is food considered beneficial to health in ways that go beyond a normal healthy diet required for human nutrition. Food variety means eating a wide variety of foods from each of the five food groups, in the amounts recommended. Eating many different foods helps maintain a healthy and interesting diet which provides a range of different nutrients to the body. Eating a variety of foods promotes good health and can help reduce the risk of disease. Health claims refer to a relationship between a food and health rather than a statement of content.
- Track 5-1Food and nutrition security: new concepts and strategies
- Track 5-2Direct Nutrition interventions
- Track 5-3Processed food and unprocessed foods: health implications
- Track 5-4Nutritional disorder & Nutritional risk
- Track 5-5Impact of food and related industries and food industry on public health nutrition
Nanotechnology permits nano-carrier systems for delivery of nutrients and supplements. Nanotechnology is manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale. Nanotechnology has begun to find potential applications in the area of functional food by engineering biological molecules toward functions very different from those they have in nature, opening up a whole new area of research and development. Nanotechnology also has the potential to improve food processes that use enzymes to confer nutrition and health benefits. For example, enzymes are often added to food to hydrolyze anti-nutritive components and hence increase the bio-availability of essential nutrients such as minerals and vitamins. To make these enzymes highly active, long lived and cost-effective, nanomaterials can be used to provide superior enzyme-support systems due to their large surface-to-volume ratios compared to traditional macroscale support materials.
- Track 6-1Use of nanomaterials to improve food quality and food safety: nutrient encapsulation and food packaging
- Track 6-2Micro and nanotechnologies for process control and quality assessment
- Track 6-3Applications of Nano sciences to nutrients and foods
- Track 6-4Nanotechnology in food products
Food waste or food loss is food that is discarded or lost uneaten. The causes of food waste or loss are numerous, and occur at the stages of production, processing, retailing and consumption. Food management is a broad process that involves the proper oversight of food selection, preparation, presentation, and preservation. The food service industry relies heavily on a number of different managers to supervise each aspect of the process to ensure the quality, taste, and safety of any food served or sold to the general public is healthy and in compliance with local standards. Because of the broad range of tasks involved with food management, there are many different career options for anyone who is interested in working with food of any type. Other way it can be known as food recycling.
- Track 7-1Food waste recycling techniques
- Track 7-2Food waste reduction
- Track 7-3Food waste collection
- Track 7-4Food waste recovery
- Track 8-1Chemical and enzymatic reactions
- Track 8-2Bioactive constituents, micronutrients, food additives and ingredients
- Track 8-3Microbial Quality And Safety In Dairy Industry
- Track 8-4Advances In Dairy And Food Microbiology
- Track 8-5Microbiology Of Food-Borne Pathogens
- Track 8-6microbiology of food processing
- Track 8-7Foodborne disease organisms
Nutrition is the science that interprets the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food in relation to maintenance, growth, reproduction, health and disease of an organism. It includes food intake, absorption, assimilation, biosynthesis, catabolism and excretion. Nutritional Disorder is a condition that results from eating a diet in which nutrients are either not enough or are too much such that the diet causes health problems. It may involve calories, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins or minerals. Not enough nutrients are called under nutrition or undernourishment while too much is called over nutrition. Malnutrition is often used specifically to refer to under nutrition where there is not enough a calorie, protein, or micronutrients. If under nutrition occurs during pregnancy, or before two years of age, it may result in permanent problems with physical and mental development. Food management is a broad process that involves the proper oversight of food selection, preparation, presentation, and preservation.
- Track 9-1Approaches to safety and quality in food processing
- Track 9-2Food fortification and enrichment
- Track 9-3Role of Packaging in Food Processing
- Track 9-4New Thinking on Food Protection
- Track 9-5Impact of genetically modified food on health
- Track 9-6Use of safe, nutritious, and wholesome food
Probiotics are microorganisms that are believed to provide health benefits when consumed. The term probiotic is currently used to name ingested microorganisms associated with benefits for humans and animals. Whereas prebiotics are substances that induce the growth or activity of microorganisms (e.g., bacteria and fungi) that contribute to the well-being of their host. The most common example is in the gastrointestinal tract, where prebiotics can alter the composition of organisms in the gut microbiome.
- Track 10-1Microbes rotting & poisoning the food supply
- Track 10-2Microbiology of Fermented Foods and Beverages
- Track 10-3Uses of Microorganisms in food
- Track 10-4Current & Future Aspects of Probiotics
- Track 10-5Risk/benefits evaluation of food components
- Track 10-6Microbial food cultures
Food fraud is the protection of food products from intentional contamination or adulteration by biological, chemical, physical, or radiological agents. It addresses additional concerns including physical, personnel and operational security. This is in contrast to food safety, which is based on accidental or environmental contamination, and food security, which deals with individuals having access to enough food for an active, healthy life. These three terms are often conflated. Food protection is the umbrella term encompassing both food defense and food safety.
Examination of foods to assure wholesome and clean products free from unsafe microbes or chemical contamination, natural or added deleterious substances, and decomposition during production, processing, packaging, etc.
The operational managing of food consumption and nutrition are both very important to decent wellbeing. Clever nutrition and food selections can aid avoid disease. Consuming the precise foods can benefit your body more effectively with a continuing sickness. Accepting decent nutrition and giving care at what you consume can benefit you conserve or progress your healthiness.
Food and nutrition are the system that we get energy for our bodies. We must to substitute nutrients in our bodies with a novel source on a daily basis. Water is a significant element of nutrition. Carbohydrates, proteins, fats, are also essential. Preserving important vitamins and minerals are also significant to preserving good healthiness. For prenatal women and grownups over 50, vitamins for instance vitamin D and minerals such as iron and calcium are significant to deliberate after indicating foods to eat, as well as probable dietary supplements.
- Track 13-1Food Fortification
- Track 13-2Food Grading
- Track 13-3Food Hydrocolloids
- Track 13-4Molecular Gastronomy
- Track 13-5Nano engineered foods
- Track 13-6Nutritional Cytokines
The nutritional value of food refers to the range and fine of vitamins and minerals determined in the food item, in step with the healthy food. Understanding concerning the vigour (measured in calories), the macronutrients, micronutrients and phytochemicals of the meals are required to understand this. A food chain is a linear network of links in a food web starting from producer organisms (such as grass or trees which use radiation from the sun to make their food) and ending at apex predator species (like grizzly bears or killer whales), detritivores (like earthworms or woodlice), or decomposer species (such as fungi or bacteria).
- Track 14-1Dietary guidelines and nutrition assessment studies
- Track 14-2Polyphenols, carotenoids, phytochemicals and antioxidants
- Track 14-3Synthetic vitamins, nutraceuticals and functional foods
- Track 14-4Red meat analysis
- Track 14-5Rendering (animal products)
Food and agriculture covers all aspects of research in the field of agricultural and food sciences in its widest sense. To better understand how organisms relevant to agriculture, food and nutrition function This includes: biological science, animal science, veterinary science, plant science, microbiological science, soil science, genetics and breeding, agricultural system science or any other fundamental discipline related to food, agriculture and fisheries.
- Track 16-1Agricultural and food policy
- Track 16-2Import and export of food and agricultural products
- Track 16-3Agricultural biotechnology
- Track 16-4Agro industry start–ups
Animal nutrition deals with dietary benefits on consumption of dairy merchandise genetically modified animal nutrition, meats and fish and in addition a piece view to farm atmosphere.
Billions of folks around the globe devour milk and dairy products every day. No longer best are milk and dairy merchandise a central supply of diet for these folks, they additionally reward livelihoods opportunities for farmers, processors, shopkeepers and other stakeholders in the dairy price chain. But to obtain this, buyers, enterprise and governments want up to date expertise on how milk and dairy merchandise can contribute to human diet and how dairying and dairy-enterprise progress can satisfactory make contributions to increasing food security and alleviating poverty. The speedy upward push in aggregate consumption of meat and milk is propelled via millions of persons with rising incomes diversifying from certainly starch-headquartered diets into diets containing developing amounts of dairy and meat enterprise.
- Track 17-1Requirement and Guidelines of Dairy Nutrition
- Track 17-2Milk Nutrition
- Track 17-3Yoghurt Nutrition
- Track 17-4Cheese Nutrition
- Track 17-5Animal feed
- Track 17-6Ruminant Nutrition
- Track 17-7Nonruminant Nutrition
- Track 17-8Livestock Nutrition
Food processing is the conversion of raw ingredients, by physical or chemical means into food, or of food into other forms. Food processing combines raw food ingredients to produce marketable food products that can be easily prepared and served by the consumer. Emerging technologies which have already found in the food industry or related sector are High pressure processing , pulsed electric fields, ultrasound , and cold plasma .The basic principles of these technologies as well as the state of the art concerning their impact on biological cells, enzymes, and food constituents. Current and potential applications will be discussed, focusing on process-structure-function relationships, as well as recent advances in the process development and in the other way food technology is a branch of food science that deals with the production processes that make foods.
- Track 18-1The Rise of Food tech in this century
- Track 18-2Trends in food science & technology
- Track 18-3Food engineering innovations
- Track 18-4Processing in Food Industry
- Track 18-5Food additives
- Track 18-6Food aesthetics
Fermentation in food processing is the process of converting carbohydrates to alcohol or organic acids using microorganisms—yeasts or bacteria—under anaerobic conditions.
The term fermentation sometimes refers specifically to the chemical conversion of sugars into ethanol, producing alcoholic drinks such as wine, beer, and cider. However, similar processes take place in the leavening of bread (CO2 produced by yeast activity), and in the preservation of sour foods with the production of lactic acid, such as in sauerkraut and yogurt.
Bioprocess engineering, also biochemical engineering', is a specialization of chemical engineering, It deals with the design and development of equipment and processes for the manufacturing of products such as agriculture, food, feed, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, chemicals, and polymers and paper from biological materials & treatment of waste water.
- Track 19-1Process Intensification
- Track 19-2Chemical Engineering
- Track 19-3Fermented foods by region
- Track 19-4Fermentation in food processing
- Track 19-5Industrial fermentation
Food production is the process of transforming raw ingredients into prepared food products. Food production includes industries that take raw food products and convert them into marketable food items. Home food production includes converting produce into forms for long-term storage. Food processing is the process of changing or transforming raw food materials into consumable forms or products. Food processing offers many advantages such as prolonging the life span of the food, preventing food from going bad, for easy packaging etc. Food preservation involves preventing the growth of bacteria, fungi (such as yeasts), or other micro-organisms (although some methods work by introducing benign bacteria or fungi to the food), as well as slowing the oxidation of fats that cause rancidity.
- Track 20-1Food Biochemistry and Food Processing
- Track 20-2Emerging food processing techniques
- Track 20-3Non-thermal processing
- Track 20-4Food security
- Track 20-5Food packaging materials
- Track 20-6Antimicrobial food packaging
- Track 20-7Constraints on adequate packaging
- Track 20-8Properties of packaging materials
- Track 20-9Lubricants used in packaging machines